Tuesday 25 July 2006

uh oh

Still hot. Still very hot.

Unable to locate more Rowan Chunky Print in the appropriate dyelot, so I trudged, in the heat, over to JL in Liverpool today to see what they had in similar gauge/colour/fibre still available from the sale. Found plenty of Rowan Chunky Plaid in a similar colourway, and even though it has some of the dreaded acrylic in it, it's mostly lambswool and alpaca, so it'll do. (This is for a funnel neck jumper for my MIL for Christmas.)

Came home, drank ice water, finished the instep decreases on the current sock -- it's just way too hot to knit anything big, but the sock is OK, heatwise. Decided to knock off for a bit, went upstairs to check e-mail and look at still more yarn online, because that's what I do.

DISASTER! WARNING! DANGER!

Stash in Chester (my fave semi-LYS) now has - gulp - Debbie Bliss Pure Cashmere in stock. Let me repeat that: Pure. Cashmere. 100%. Pure. Cashmere. No microfibre, no merino, no blend. Just aran-weight cashmere. Pure. There is now a mainstream source of cashmere I can personally fondle before purchasing. This is bad. This is very bad. 25g for £9.95 with a mere 45 metres per ball, which suck-diddly-ucks, but it is cashmere. I have very little self-control around cashmere. And for a Debbie Bliss yarn, that's actually cheaper than I'd expect. I am withholding judgment on the colours until I actually see them in person. And I probably won't see them in person until the weather cools down just a little, because there is no fucking way I am going to risk sweating on any yarn that goes for ten quid per 25g.

Mmmmcashmere.

No comments: