Thursday 7 December 2006

admission

I'm in the middle of my first candy cane of the season, and feeling somewhat relaxed, for the first time in about a week. My dad had some sort of bad reaction to some medication he's on, resulting in what looked like, to my panicked mother, a stroke, so he went in for an EEG late last week, and it came back fine: no stroke, no seizure, no brain tumour, none of the ten million things I've been using Dr. Google to torture myself with. Bad reaction, the doctor is adjusting his meds, and now maybe I can stop worrying until the next crisis. He had a very mild stroke last year, so we're edgy about these things, mom and me. I hope she's feeling better, too. Her latest e-mail sounded perky enough.

Phil's still away, and won't be back until tomorrow night. I haven't told him I've got the Christmas lights up, since it'll be a nice surprise for him that way. He told me how much he loves coming home from business trips this time of year, and seeing the house all lit up and welcoming, and frequently smelling of lovely things to eat. I'm pretty sure he appreciates the beer in the fridge, as well. I did the grocery shopping today, so everything is ready for a nice weekend, without the need for one of us to run out and get something. I'm not sure what we're going to do this weekend, other than get the tree on Saturday, and I'll probably make the Christmas pudding on Sunday, but we're not anywhere near the oh-my-god-must-hurry point, so a relatively lazy weekend sounds great to me, especially if I can fit in some knitting time, because I am sort of getting near the oh-my-god-must-hurry point with that. I had to basically take a week off from knitting, due to some fairly severe pain in my wrists and shoulders, which, as it turns out, probably wasn't caused by knitting, but by the crappy chair I sit in to use my computer. Chairs are easier to replace than wrists and shoulders, so this is good news. Phil's been after me for a while to get a decent desk chair, and I've blithely ignored him, so while seeing me struck down by pain for my arrogance isn't exactly satisfying to him, he does enjoy pointing out that he was right all along, so there. So for the record, I do hereby state that my husband was RIGHT and I was WRONG.

He'll probably print that out and keep it forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say how much I'm enjoying your holidailies? I'll be sorry when December's over.

Not that I have any right to complain of irregular blogging...

ana said...

Oh, thanks! I am so glad other knitbloggers exist, because I think I would bore the hell out of anybody else.

I also vow to try to continue posting more frequently once December is over. I forget how much I enjoy it until I start up again.