Saturday 25 February 2006

And that's all she wrote (at Diary-X)

Yeah, so like many thousands of other people, my journal, formerly located at Diary-X, got totally fucking hosed, as in gone for fucking ever, thank you ever so much Stephen Deken. I am feeling kind of bitter, as you might imagine, but you know, I'm also feeling kind of free. I lost the written history of the last 4 years of my life, which sucks oh so fiercely, and with great, juicy, gulping noises, and if I think too hard about that, I want to cry. But I am also in the position to make a fresh start. Tabula rasa, baby. I'm no longer tied to the old journal format, which, truthfully, I was starting to find kind of confining. Now I can feel free to work on getting bored with the old blog format.

There will be knitting. And gardening. And photos of my knitting and garden. And politics, probably. And more of life as an American expat in England. I have no way of finding the majority of my old readers, but you know, I'm OK with that.

The most painful part of this is losing my entries about my years living in London, in many ways the happiest years of my life. It may the kind of pain that makes you stronger for living through it, though, because when I'm sitting here, wishing I still lived right in the heart of the best city on earth, at least I can't go trawling through my old archives, making myself even sadder and more depressed.

Fresh start. That's the ticket. Stay tuned! (I just hit the cliche trifecta!)

No comments: